Discussion Category:  Autosamplers

SIL-10Advp autosampler

Having trouble with injections. The flow is coming out of the needle while it is asperating sample? It also looks like it is leaking at the injection port. Injections are not reproducible.

Asked by

Pete Gurrieri
Report this Post
LabWrenchEditorReply by
LabWrenchEditor

Three things I can think to try replacing.  

* Needle seal is worn. Part number 228-33355-04. This is the most probable and the least expensive replacement. I wouldn't bother with attempting to clean this part to reuse.  

* Injection Port tubing is clogged. Part number 228-39756-92. If the pressure spikes at the pump head directly after the injection, then this is the problem. You can replace the tubing with stock on hand, just use a small bore. To unclog, you can hook the tubing up to a high pressure pump (~10 kpsi) and set it to the maximum pressure.  

* Needle tip is warped and not seating correctly. Replace needle assembly. Part number 228-33518-92. You should be able to visually inject the need to see if it is warped. You may also notice the septa on the sample vials do not have clean punctures. My suggestion to prevent this in the future is to use pre-sliced septa that break away on the first puncture. I know that Phenomenex sells them with vials for ~$60 per 100 vials.  

I have a copy of the instruction manual for this autosampler in PDF and quite a bit of experience fixing it up. If you cannot get a manual from Shimadzu tech support, you are welcomed to contact me at BJVanMiddlesworth+Labwrench@gmail.com and I will forward it on.  

Thank you to Bradley VanMiddlesworth for providing this response to LabWrench

(email updated June 2 2014 - Thanks Bill)

Kylie Sauve
LabWrench Site Manager
kylies@labwrench.com

Stay Connected with LabWrench:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join the Lab Equipment Solutions Group on LinkedIn

Report this Post
BradVM

Since folks keep finding this post and sending emails to get assistance, allow me to update my contact information.

Please email BJVanMiddlesworth+Labwrench_at_gmail.com if you need assistance with any chromatography hardware.

Cheers,

Brad

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1