Discussion Category:  Capsule Fillers

Fixing an old Capsugel Type 8 machine

Hi All,

I am new to this site and looking for some information.  I have an old Capsugel Type 8 machine that I have been struggling with for years.  Apparently this machine has been frankensteined together with different manufacturer parts.  It is running good for the most part.  My big problem is in the loading section.  I have found out that my rings are indeed Capsugel, however my raceway is not lining up correctly with the slant of the Capsugel rings.  I had to replace my raceway and I found that it was not  Capsugel, but Elanco.  I'm wondering if anybody knows if Elanco rings are machined with a different cant into their rings than Capsugel?  Does anybody have any Size "0" Elanco rings that they could photocopy just so I can see if the Elancos are different from my Capsugel?  It probably doesn't even need to be Size "0".  I might be able to tell with another size.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Asked by

dfc1
Report this Post
kschaefer

Yes, There is a difference between Elanco rings and Capsugel rings. The spacing between the holes on a Elanco is 0.396 and the Capsugel is 0.357. The dia. of each of the circles for the holes is different as well. The inside hole for the Elanco is 6.375 and Capsugel is 6.746.Getting a Capsugel raceway should help the filling of the ring problem.

Kevin @ STI

Report this Post
dfc1

Thanks for the info Kevin.  I'll look into this.

dfc1

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1