Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Dead

As the title states, I am trying to repair a completely dead centrifuge.  Fuses are good and power gets to the connectors on the board, but there is no display, fan doesn't turn, no signs of life whatsoever except the green LED on the frequency control board flickers every so often, but that's it.  

I assume that the correct fix is to replace the frequency control PCB, but has anybody had any luck repairing them?  Thanks. 

Asked by

rbwalter
Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

Hi yes we repair at Phoenix Equipment in Rochester NY. 

Report this Post
TomOsborne

I have the same issue on a unit i am repairing.  Did you ever solve this?

Also do you find that the click noise maker goes off as the units capacitors are finally running out of charge following a power off?

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

Hello.. yes I repair the boards.  The symptoms you describe indicate board issues.  I would also check your motor bearings.  These often need replacement/rebuild.  

Report this Post
TomOsborne

If you have some actual advice please share.  If not please stop advertising your services.

Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

I am offering you a source that can help with repairs on the board.  I advertise where to reach me, as I find it easier to verbally describe my findings as opposed to typing it all down.   I have invested much of my time in repairing and research of these boards, and am not opposed to helping others repair.   

Report this Post
bbiofuels

Hi there, Just trying to get the bloody thing open.

Thanks for any suggestions....it needs a good cleaning inside I'm afraid.

John

Report this Post
medphysteo

I realize this thread is a few months old, but from reading other posts it seems all Eppendorfs have a habit of power failing when they get older, and others have found that replacing the electrolytic capacitors has solved their problems. In particular there's a 22uF 35V cap in the startup circuit that usually seems to be the culprit.Just thought I'd throw that out for general reference for future problems.

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba
For Technical help with repairs or board exchanges check out www.saharasimba.com
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1