Discussion Category:  FPLC – Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography

Repeating Error 2000

When I try to connect (via Ethernet, via 950 controller) I get this error repeatedly, via Unicorn 5.31, a few times each second. Controller lights all green. LAN working properly (send/receive numbers increasing). But no love. Anyone seen this?

Asked by

JimA
Report this Post
CliffatATG

Hi Jim,

We call that a cascade error.  Pretty common with Uninet.  Most likely caused by a bad component, usually the mixer.  Power off the system and bypass the mixer on Uninet 2.  Power back up and see if the problem goes away.  It could also be a valve.  Use the same troubleshooting technique.  Just be sure to power off when disconnecting Uninet cables.  Although unlikely, it could also be an electronic failure on the CU.

--Cliff

Report this Post
JimA

Cliff, thanks very much for this. Your response was very helpful. Unfortunately, it appears we have a broken mixer AND a bad controller. Here's why I think that. Please check my logic. 

At first I was unable to get error 2000 to go away, even when I bypassed the mixer. I did it twice to confirm, but I was still feeling my way around the instrument and wasn't sure I'd done everything right. Still, I was thinking it might be the controller--so I managed to track down another CU-950 and stuck it in the system. With the system set up as usual (mixer not bypassed) and the substitute controller in the system, I still got the error. So: the error lies elsewhere; controller's probably fine, right? 

So then, with the substitute controller in the system, I bypassed the mixer and the error went away. So--not sure what I did wrong at first, but clearly it's the mixer, right? 

So then I stuck the original controller back in the system, with the mixer still bypassed--and error 2000 returned. 

All thoughts welcomed. And Cliff, thanks again. 

Jim

Report this Post
CliffatATG

It is unusual to see two failures together, but I think you are correct; CU and mixer. The mixer can be repaired but not the CU. That one you'll have to replace.

Report this Post
JimA

Cliff,

You say the mixer can be repaired; GE is telling us it should be replaced. (They've been very helpful and responsive, but this, I suppose, is unsurprising.) I've found information online about replacing the motor. Is this the repair method you're referring to? 

Thanks,

Jim

Report this Post
CliffatATG

Contact me at CWheatley@atgservice.com for more details.

Report this Post
Swisshyde91
Hey there I'm experiencing a similar problem hope someone can help: Suddendly the Uninet controller stopped connect to the system leading to continuously Uninet error 2000 coming out (Uninet controller is restarted). We had the same problem on and off in he past but we could solve it just running a manual run for a few second: after that all he components get connections to the system with the typical beeping and messages on the display. This method unfortunately doesn't work anymore for some reason but if run a manual run only the UV detector makes the connection. After I stop the run message 2000 start appearing continuosly again with single errors 2012 related to faulty connection with any single component: error 2012 no response Pump, 0: error 2012 no response valve,1: error 2012 no response frac, 0. I already tried to change the ethernet cable from the uninet controller to the pump module and I tried to bypass the mixer in the connection but I had the same result
Report this Post
Swisshyde91

Solved changing he ethernet cable for Uninet2 connection (from pump module to mixer).

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1