Discussion Category:  Balances

Err 53

Dear Sir,

My Sartorius BSA224S-CW Analytical Balance is displaying ERR 53, which I have look through the manual but there is not definition for error 53. Kindly show me what to do to rectifier the equipment.

Thanks 

Yours Sincere

Wellington

Asked by

Wellington
Report this Post
Harveyradar

Don't know about your particular balance but Err53 on Sartorius Balances often mean that the temperature compensation is not working - which can mean either the temperature sensor or the processing of that signal on the PCB is faulty.

best of luck

Harvey

Report this Post
Haimour

Dear Mr. Wellington,

I have the same error on my analytical balance, could you help me to now what does it mean?

Report this Post
pedro_home
hello, i was in the same problem, error 53 ( Failure temperature compensation converter). after some teste , ntc sensor install in the aluminiun body was dead 1,5 ohm. possiblility short, remove wiring from sensor, and solder a 1k resistor in the 2 ntc wires.. in my case was orange and brown wire. well it works, lose the temperature compensation, but will do te job, for now. balance model -- (cp 423s) sartorius
Report this Post
Proton

I am having Sartorius Balance model BA210S and it is showing Err53. Opened the balance and checked 510Ohm resistance attached to alluminium boby but it was found OK. There is a four pin IC in metal can package which is covered with thermocol is getting very hot whenever I turn on the balance. Check everywhere on this IC and there is no part number on it. I'm not sure but heating of this IC could also be the reason behind Err53. I also checked for any NTC thermistor but unable to find the same. 

Kindly suggest the further action.

Report this Post
pedro_home

hi proton, if i remenber, it have a ic like that, it was a voltage referenc ic. it have a heatter insede to be stable at high temp. and them give a voltage reference very precise.

Report this Post
pedro_home

the ntc sensor is located under the balance mechanic, a ceramic glue to metal (2 wires) mine was bad...remove the e wirings and instal a potenciometer 0~5k to test.

Report this Post
Proton

Dear pedro home,

I would like to thank you for your post. You were absolutely right. The NTC sensor was defective. Actually this balance has two NTC sensors. One is on the top side of mechanical assembly and another is below the coil which can be accessed after opening this mechanical assembly and inverting it. So in my case the sensor installed on top side of mechanical assembly was defective. Hence I just replaced it with 1K resistor and now the balance is working fine and Err53 is no more in picture.

Again thank you very much for your help.

Report this Post
pedro_home

excellent....  :)

Report this Post
Proton

Hello,

I have Denver Instruement make analytical balance model SI-234. When I power on the balance then ERR 24- immediately comes on the screen and none of the key working. I checked the output of power supply and +5Vdc, +15Vdc, +7.31Vdc and -7.34Vdc obtained. I waited for almost one hour but the error remains on the screen. What could be the problem?

Kindly suggest further action.

Report this Post
pedro_home

have no ideia about that error 24. cant find anything about that. only find this, but it doesnt have err24,   it was 24_1.... 24_2, maybe a light to the problem.. "www.manualslib.com/manual/872820/Sartorius-Qc7cce-S.html?page=22"; .  good luck

Report this Post

Page 1 of 2