Discussion Category:  Balances

mettler xp404sdr showing error message PROGRAM MEMORY DEFECT

hi, my mettler XP404s Delta Range is showing PROGRAM MEMORY DEFECT

Asked by

Aashish
Report this Post
jburkman11Reply by
jburkman11

That could mean a problem with the terminal pc board.   It may also indicate a problem with the main pc board.    Contact  800-638-8537 for service options.

Jennifer Burkman
METTLER TOLEDO
www.mt.com  
Report this Post
Aashish

but this error message shows whn machine is idle for 2-3 min. if your are pressing buttons and changing some settings, nothing happens and if you do some work in first 2-3 min time, then everything is fine. can it be a software problem or some loose connection in the machine. pls reply. thanks

Report this Post
Aashish

hi, but this message comes after 2-3 min time, before that everything works fine and if you are doing something in settings, then nothing happens, can it be a software problem or some kind of loose connection. Someone told me it can be rectified with Lars software . Pls reply, thanks

Report this Post
jburkman11Reply by
jburkman11

One of the boards is starting to fail and soon it will not wait 2-3min.; it will be immediate.  The service manual recommends replacing the terminal board and if the problem persist, the main board

Jennifer Burkman
METTLER TOLEDO
www.mt.com  
Report this Post
jburkman11Reply by
jburkman11

The program memory defect error means the balance is failing a diagnostics check on one of the circuit pcbs in the balance and will need service. If you wish to get more information regarding our service please contact us at 800 638 8537. When the phone answers press 1 after the first three prompts to connect to Customer Service. Please have the balance model and serial number available along with a purchase order number. They can check to see if the balance is under warrantee and give you more details regarding having the balance serviced.

Jennifer Burkman
METTLER TOLEDO
www.mt.com  
Report this Post
Aashish

hi, thanks for the reply, but pls clarify, replacing the terminal pcb or main pcb is the only solution or it can be a software problem also or service of the machine can rectify this problem, as this machine is not even used and very surprised that without using and kept with utmost care how can a pcb has a problem.. pls reply

Report this Post
jburkman11Reply by
jburkman11

You can also try reloading the firmware. Please email me at dan.yaconis@mt.com. If you have any problems with the email my phone is 614 4384 4821. I will email you the procedure to download firmware the firmware to your computer then flash it into the balance.

Jennifer Burkman
METTLER TOLEDO
www.mt.com  
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1