Discussion Category:  Shakers

Shaker generates heat in CO2 incubator?

Hi there! I have used Infors HT Labotron before for culturing my CHO cells using shake flask. I found that the temperature alarm of my CO2 incubator keep sending high temperature alarm. Few of my colleagues had experienced the same thing as well. We suspected that this shaker generates some heat to our CO2 incubator. How can I overcome this? Really need to solve this problem urgently. Thanks and regards, Shazwani

Asked by

Shazwani
Report this Post
Dr. D. Bruecher
Dear Shazwani, the Infors HT Labotron is an older design that will generate some excess heat, just like all other small table shakers on the market. If this is acceptable or not unfortunately depends on the type of incubator in which the Labotron is used, which means that it is not possible for our sales representatives to predict if the Labotron will perform well for the task of a particular customer or not. I would like to mention that we have many customers who are satisfied with the performance of the Labotron. Nevertheless, rest assured that we are firmly committed to satisfy every customer. We are aware of the excess heat and we are working on solutions. Modern Electronics and modern electrical motors permit us to supply shakers that have practically no excess heat anymore. One example is the Infors HT “[url=http://www.labwrench.com/?equipment.view/equipmentNo/6818/Infors-HT/Orbitron/]Orbitron[/url]” which was launched in 2009. I can personally guarantee that this shaker does not heat up any incubator, no matter how hard you drive it. Please get in direct touch with me and I will be happy to discuss a solution that works for your application. INFORS AG Dr. Daniel Brücher Product Manager Rittergasse 27 CH - 4103 Bottmingen d.bruecher§infors-ht.com
Report this Post
bryu

I have same problem with shaker increasing temperature (inside CO2 incubator). I have two units in double-stack CO2 incubator. I need resolution ASAP.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1