Discussion Category:  Liquid Handling

Cell Stuck in the oven

One of the cell is  stuck in the oven of my ASE 200 giving the error

"Abort screen It will be necesserary to transfer the cell in the oven to the tray.please enterthe numberof any emptycell tray position"

even after giving the cell position cell is not coming out.

Asked by

Prastogi
Report this Post
dangdk

You will need to take off the carousel (remove the four screws) and remove the cell manually.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Dan

Report this Post
Prastogi

Thank you,your answer saved lot of my time  i was able to take the cell out.

Report this Post
laserjoe

Hi Dan,

I am stuck in a similar position. as you said in earlier post, I took the carousel out by removing the 4 screws. Still the cell appers to be stuck in oven. I tried to pull it out but no use. Just wondering if there is an more screws which I  should remove or just to lever it out using a flat head screw driver. 

regards, 

Joe

Report this Post
Celignis

Try talking the top cover off so you can better see in the oven (we keep it off as it is not needed). Try turning the ASE off and onn again as that may turn the oven compression off and release the cell. You can also turn off the nitrogen. Otherwise try the screwdriver approach.

Report this Post
laserjoe

Hi Celignis,

I have take off both the carousel and its casing. I took off the aluminium cover for the oven too and I can see the cell actucally stuck in the oven but cell is really stuck as if there is some kind of lock which prevent the cell being released. the solvent feed which goes into the cell on bottom side is released but top one is still attached. I also switced off and on the ASE several time and the pressure seems to be alright also no signs of air leaks. 

kind Regards,

Joe

Report this Post
Celignis

On the  Menu press 7 then enter ...9137 (i.e. dot dot dot 9 1 3 7) and enter. Then go to 8, manual control, and try to turn compression oven from on to off, or from off to on to off. That may release it.

Dan

Report this Post
laserjoe

Hi Dan,

I did try to turn compression oven from on to off, or from off to on to off. can hear the Pressure release sound when turning the compression oven off but other than that nothing happens.cell is still stuck in the oven.

Regards 

Joseph

Report this Post
laserjoe

Hi Dan/Celignis,

I managed to lever out the cell using a flat head screwdriver. after removing the aluminium case of the oven.    kind regards, Joseph

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1