Discussion Category:  GC-Tandem MS

GC 436 Bruker startup

Hi,

I have a problem with GC 436 Bruker startup problem. First I opened the oven temperature went down but it did not go up to the initial setting point so I turned off the GC. Then I restarted the GC but I restarted it does not connect with my PC computer and it says " system setup: starting up, please wait" and it stays there from then on. I have turn the GC on/off for a few times but it gives me the same message as above.

Any has any idea what is going on with my GC and how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Hiep

Asked by

Hiep
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
Hiep, Did you do a complete reboot of both the GC and computer? Shut both down completely, reboot the GC and computer and allow them to both boot up completely before starting the software. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Hiep

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply

I have rebooted both PC and GC as well. PC rebooted normally while GC rebooted to the point it says "starting up, please wait" and it does not want to continue booting. Any other thought, Dan?

Cheers,

Hiep

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Hiep,

I dont have a lot of experience with this particular GC but it sounds likes an electronic issue of some type.  As you were having Oven heating issues, I would verify that all of the fuses are good and that the heating element for the oven is not broken (use an ohm-meter to check the resistance of the element).

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Hiep

Hi Dan,

one of Bruker engineers said that log errors stored in the past cause the booting problem to the GC.

I read something about 456GC Bruker that when battery in the GC mainboard is placed then the GC will boot again normally. what do you think about that? do you reckon if i should try this as the final solution?

Regards,

Hiep

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
Hiep, A bad battery could certainly be an issue. I would go ahead and replace it. You may have to reenter configuration settings. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Hiep

Hi Dan,

The Bruker engineer has solved the starting issues. They have fixed on the software and software administrator through our IP.

Now I currently have a problem with my Shimadzu GC-2014. We run gas analysis on TCD and FID for H2,O2,N2, CH3, CO, CO2, C2H4, C2H6, C2H2. For some reasons I the system couldn't reconize H2(hydrogen) and has low concentration of all other hydrocarbons. I am going to do something on the column or dectector. Do you have any idea what causes the problem?

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

If retention times are consistent with what they have been and you simply have reduced response, then less sample is getting to the detector.  Verify that detector gas flows have not changed (can cause some variations in response) and then check the inlet for leaks.  I assume you are using a gas sampling valve, so check for leaks there as well.  If using a GSV, make sure the sample pressure has not dropped from what it was.

One other possibility is if you are splitting the injection, verify that has not changed as well.

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
PineneC10H16

This is occurring to me currently the message log says it unable to save raw data & that the packet is out of sequence. 

Report this Post
palozano7135

Did you document what the tech did specifically?   When you mention fixing it through admin, do you mean the compass config?

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1