Discussion Category:  UV/VIS Spectrophotometers

Cecil 7200 & 7400 UV calibration

After greetings I have cecil 7200 and I dont need the UV beam option I just work on visible light range so every time I have to turn the UV light source off to maintane the lamp life. I want the way that turn it off all the time even after restating the equipment or to stop the automatic calibration step when the system is turned on. And I 'll so much thankfulll

Asked by

Eng had
Report this Post
Cecil InstrumentsReply by
Cecil Instruments

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}

Dear Eng Had,

Despite my vigilance, I am sorry, but I have just seen your post of one year ago.  In case your query has not already been answered in other communication channels, I am posting a response here.

When the spectrophotometer is initially switched on, the deuterium lamp is used for calibration checks of the instrument.  After this initial calibration check has been performed, there is a facility to turn off the deuterium lamp, until it is required for use.

Press the spectrophotometer’s QUANT key to select the main QUANT menu on the spectrophotometers’ screen.

Select the Configuration mode of the QUANT menu, by using the UP and DOWN arrow keys to highlight ‘Configuration’ and then pressing the ENTER key.

Select the ‘Deuterium Lamp’ mode of the Configuration menu, by using the UP and DOWN arrow keys to highlight ‘Deuterium Lamp’ and then pressing the ENTER key.

Follow the on the screen prompts to de-activate the deuterium lamp.

If at any time UV light is required while the lamp is de-activated, the deuterium lamp will be automatically switched on.  While the lamp is warming and before the arc is struck, ‘D2’ will be seen to be flashing in the top left of the screen. When the arc is struck ‘D2’ will be permanently on.

Ade Kujore

Marketing

Email: ade.kujore@cecilinstruments.com

Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 420821 Fax.:- +44 (0) 1223 420475

Web site: www.cecilinstruments.com

Registered Office: Unex House, Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough PE1 1NG, United Kingdom Registered Number 909536  
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1