Discussion Category:  Preparative HPLC

Biotage SP4/SP1 Error on Startup

I have 3 Biotage SP1 with error on startup of the SPX software "Exception: com.biotage.spx.instrumentapi.type.FatalException....."

Anyone have an idea on where to start on this error or how to troubleshoot this?

Asked by

NLS
Report this Post
Matthieu

Hi,

Currently i have the same trouble. I started to contact Biotage but waiting for the answer. Did you resolve this trouble ? if yes how ? What was it ?

Regards

Report this Post
Joem123

Any luck on this startup error?

Report this Post
Joem123

Still no clue why the errors.   I wonder if if has to do with the absence of a network connection.

Report this Post
Syrasci

Quote Joem123

Still no clue why the errors.   I wonder if if has to do with the absence of a network connection.

Have you had any success in solving this issue?

I have a fatal exception error that I am trying to fix as well.

If anyone knows how to fix the startup error, please share the solution.

Thank you. 

Report this Post
Matthieu

Apparently one of the 3 electronic cards is faulty.

The question is which one. For us it was not determinable by ourself and due to the date of acquisition we decided to change of equipment. You can still contact Biotage for a maintenance.

Report this Post
Syrasci

Quote Matthieu

Apparently one of the 3 electronic cards is faulty.

I know of 2 boards - the motherboard and the control board. What is the third?

My motherboard seems fine as Windows boots up with no issue.

The issue starts when the biotage software tries to open.  I replaced the control board but still get the same issue.  I suppose it is possible that I have 2 bad control boards.

I would still like to know what the third board is?  Perhaps the little one that plugs into the motherboard?  If so, this board seems fine as well.

Report this Post
Matthieu

There is one in each module. Thy are the same but with different connections because they do not have the same goal.   Like i told we did not suceed to solve the problem.  I am sorry but your only solution  is that biotage come and check the trouble.

Good luck,

Report this Post
BRBuckley

Hi did you get this issue resolved - I have the same issue

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1