Discussion Category:  GC-Single Quad/MSD

Turbo Pump Not Found

Hello, 

I replaced the filament but when I went to pump down the MS, it says that the Turbo Pump is not found.  The foreline pump seems to be working and gets the pressure inside to about 170 mtorr.  Before cooling down and venting the MS to replace the filament, everything seemed to be working fine.  Also, the message log displays “Safety trigger(s)tripped”.  I've looked through the manuals and I haven't found anyway to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,

Andrew

Asked by

atricker3
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
Andrew, I would perform a hard reboot of the entire system powering down the gcms the software as well as the computer and then rebooting everything back up starting with the computer at going to the GC and Ms. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
atricker3

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your response. I tried shutting everything down but that did not solve the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Does the message log output "Safety trigger(s) tripped" mean something important? When I restarted the MS, the message log showed that again.

Thanks!

Andrew

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Andrew,

Did it show it in the log immediately upon rebooting or did it start to pump down and then stop and display the message?  Did the Turbo actually start to run up in speed or did it do nothing?

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
atricker3

Hey Dan,

Sorry for the delayed response.  We were able to figure out that the turbo pump controller wasn't wroking and so we replaced it that and sovled the issue.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1