Discussion Category:  GC Systems

GC-2014 ROM corrupt

Hi,

Im trying to get a Shimadzu GC-2014 that had been left unused for two years or so back on stream. The batteries died, so i just changed them. I'm always getting a ROM corrupt error and I always have to set the BAUD settings for the machine to communicate with the computer. 

Also, I can't see the pressures and temperature on the GC monitor even though the gauges show flow.

I'd appreciate some help please

Asked by

opefas
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
If you search under tgecdiscusdions for the GC-2010 you will find a detailed conversation regarding his very issue. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
opefas

thanks Dan, I'll go check it out

Report this Post
opefas

Hi Dan,

Can you possibly advise on how to change the CPU battery of the GC-2014? I thought it was just the four AA batteries to the right of the oven compartment that were giving me issues. 

Also I cant seem to get the FID and Split to heat up. Any ideas on what i could possibily try? 

Getting a shimadzu engineer to my lab is not really an option presently. Thanks

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

The CPU battery is a coin type battery on the mainboard.  There can be several reasons as to why the heated zones are not operating, one of which is that they are not currently configured properly as a result of the failing CPU battery.  

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
opefas

thanks alot Dan. Will try access the mainboard and hopefully find a way to get the heating zones configured

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1