Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

5810R temperature

Hello I have a 5810R and when use temperature control lowering below 12C tripped power and turned it off. So it look like when compressor works draw a lot of current and tripped. I have a spare 5810R I can replace some parts. Which part should look at it first. Thank you

Asked by

doowon
Report this Post
medphysteo

Does the power trip as soon as the compressor starts running, or after a while? Does the compressor sound normal? Does it run ok if you set the refrigeration at room temperature or higher? Does the power trip if you set a lower temperature and close the lid without starting a spin?

Can you try a different power receptacle, not on the same branch as the one the machine is plugged into now?

If the power fails as soon as the compressor starts, and if it happens the same way on another receptacle, try the compressor start-up components first, if it has any and if they are accessible.

Report this Post
doowon

The power tripped after a while, compressor sound normal. When I set the temp at room temperature runs OK to spin and temp can go to 15C if go lower then 15C power intrupped.

Report this Post
medphysteo

Is the condenser clean, and is the condenser cooling fan running well? Is the  condenser blocked so the air doesn't flow well?

Report this Post
doowon

I opened back side, I see thick blanket of dust layer. I removed and cleaned then I ran again but still power switch off itself. Then lower the temp to 4C it keep is at 4C no problem. when I ran centrifuge switch turn off about 4-10 min later. What could be a problem some kind of sensor failed?

Report this Post
medphysteo

If a sensor failed you would get an error message. It sounds like you're on the right track. You may need to clean out the condenser very well with compressed air. How is the fan?

Report this Post
doowon

Fan working good, Temperature stay 4C all day long. if rotor runs it fail about 4-10 min later. I am not getting any error messages.

Report this Post
medphysteo

There is also a cooling fan for the motor itself, it may have a problem. Is there adequate airflow around the machine, at least 15 cm on all sides, and the bench under the centrifuge is clear? Is it close to a heat source or sunny window - has the ambient temperature become higher? Is the mains voltage stable? When it shuts off itself, are there any error codes when you turn it back on?

You can test the operation of the motor fan, and read the temperature sensors, is the Service Programs. I have posted instructions previously in another post, here: http://www.labwrench.com/?community.posts/threadNo/167819/subject/Error-20/

Remove the rotor and turn the motor shaft by hand. Does it feel smooth and does it turn easily? I have not encountered this problem before, but at this point, I'm thinking you either have a problem with the motor bearings, or the motor cooling fan.

Report this Post
doowon

The colling fan works fine. Also there is adequate airflow around and no hear source near machine. The main voltage stable and I moved to 3 different rooms has same interruption when I set temp lower than 10 C. Referigation works fine I can keep 4 C all day long if I am not rotating motor. If I lower temp below 10 C machine stopped after 3 to 4 min. Right after machine interrupted I checked error code with up an down arrow together shows error code 25. Error code 25 said about cable damages if cable damages why it ran at room temperature without any interruption.

Report this Post
medphysteo

Error 25 means power failure. Even if you accidentally turned off the power switch during a run, it would show Error 25.

Does the motor feel ok when you turn it by hand? Is there any feeling or sound of roughness in the top bearing?

Report this Post
doowon

Motor feel ok when turn by hand and I do not hear any sound when motor run.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 3