Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

5810R temperature

Hello I have a 5810R and when use temperature control lowering below 12C tripped power and turned it off. So it look like when compressor works draw a lot of current and tripped. I have a spare 5810R I can replace some parts. Which part should look at it first. Thank you

Asked by

doowon
Report this Post
doowon

I will try replace bearing first and will update.

By the way, anyone know part number for bearing and motor?

Can't find.

Thank you

Contact eppendorf, motor comes with bearings.

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Quote doowon

I will try replace bearing first and will update.

By the way, anyone know part number for bearing and motor?

Can't find.

Thank you

Contact eppendorf, motor comes with bearings.

Hi Doowon, 

If you remove the bearing, measure the inside and outside diameter and the thickness.  This will give you the three dimensions you need to order a new bearing.  The bearings arent expensive.

Jon

Report this Post
medphysteo

The bearing manufacturer will likely have their number engraved in the seal of the bearing, like 608ZZ, or R8DD, or some such. They are not uncommon parts, someone like Gipson Bearing and Supply should have them.

Report this Post
doowon

I ordered motor from Eppendorf and came with bearing, after replaced error 2 showed up. adjusted imbalance sensor according to the manual 12.5mm was the correct distance. And replaced motor cap with speed sensor. When removing motor cap from the motor, sensor broke. Still power tripped with error code 25. Now with new motor, cap and speed sensor still power tripped.

Report this Post
miguelR

Hi 

I have very little experience with that model. 

But I would check and reconnect every connections on the power board. 

Could the CPU be defective/corrupted? (Try your board on your spare centrifuge?, if doable)

The 5415R has a second temperature sensor attached to the frigo assembly. Does your model have it too? If so, I'd definitively check that. 

Miguel
Report this Post
doowon

Replaced PCB/control board and perform imbalance compensation, everything in working condition.

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Quote doowon

Replaced PCB/control board and perform imbalance compensation, everything in working condition.

To be honest, the few machines we've had in with faults like this have always required a new main PCB.

Report this Post

Page 3 of 3