Discussion Category:  FT-IR Spectrophotometers

there is no Adjastments-menu

Hello, i have changed the dessicant in my IR-Spectrum One, but can't rewrite the date of replacement. The problem is that i enter the Setup-menu then the Instrument-menu and can't see the Adjastments-icon. I changed Login consistently (Learn-User1-User2) there was no result. What do i do wrong? Will you help me to find the way out of this situation, please? 

Asked by

Alexrus
Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit
Hello. You need to be logged in with Admin to see this option. If you login with Admin and don't see this, then you have a version of software with a bug. Let me know in this case and I can advise further.
Report this Post
Alexrus

Thanks for answering. I followed your advice in the login admin is not available the Instrument-menu. there is A ROUTINE USER CANNOT ACCESS THIS MODULE

Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit

Sorry, i may not have been clear enough in my reply. You need to Log into the Spectrum Software with the Admin as the user name rather than User1 etc. I think you may be trying the Admin from within the Software having logged in as User. If Admin login still doesnt show this Icon, then shut down the software, then from Windows Explorer, find the admin.ini file in the pel_data\config folder. Then search for a line access level= within this file. For access, this should be changed to read access level=2

Report this Post
Alexrus

Hello, I'll try to explane the problem in detail. Sorry for my english i'll do my best. First of all I clicked on SpOne-label chose the Admin-login name and entered into program. Next i chose the Setup-menu end Instrument-tab. There was message - A ROUTINE USER CANNOT ACCESS THE MODULE. Then i chose the Setup-menu, Change login in Login-menu. I clicked User2 and entered into program again. There was limited access to options and i changed login name onto User1. When i entered into program and clicked Setup-Instrument there was Adjastment-icon! There also were messages like THE DESSICANT IS DUE TO REPLACEMENT and THE INSTRUMENT IS DUE FOR SERVICING. I clicked OK on each and there was a miracle the Adjastment-icon disappeared again! I tried to repeat the tri?k with the changin of logins: Admin-User2-User1 but no matter how hard i tried i didn't see the misterious Adjastment-menu more...  

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1