Discussion Category:  FT-IR Spectrophotometers

Spectrum One Clicking Noise during Power-On Process

Hello,

I am attempting to work on a Spectrum One Instrumentation and I replaced the switch on the board as we were unable to turn on the instrument. Fast forward to receiving a replacement part and setting everything up and the instrumentation powers on, but the power and IR light is flashing and there is a strange clicking noise occurring. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on?

RC

Asked by

rcoulson
Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit
Hi. 2 possible causes for this. Most likely is a laser/laser power supply failure. Next could be the interferometer. But most common is the laser.
Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit
I am assuming that the main power supply unit is on and not cycling
Report this Post
rcoulson
Could the new switch not having the choking element signified by the E in the product code cause this issue where the power cannot cycle?
Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit

I think the item you are refering to is the Line FIlter perhaps. Is it the Silver block that connects between the switch and Power Supply? The instrument should switch on fine without this, as this will just clean up the power input. It shouldnt be left like this of course. It is hard for me to imagine the clicking you are refering to. Can you see the Led's turning on and off? In which case, i would suspect the Power Supply perhaps. The Laser or Laser Power Supply can make a clicking or buzzing noise. A white piece of paper put in front of the black laser tube should show a bright red spot.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1