Discussion Category:  CO2 Incubator

C02 does not calibrate

CO2 level in the screen shows 5%, but when I read the CO2 levels with an external device it shows 9% (Temperature 37 C and 100 % Humidity), I recalibrate, however, the CO2 level is still above 5%. Should I change the CO2 sensor?  

Asked by

FN123
Report this Post
floydReply by
floyd
It can also be the valve or the controls. The sensor is the easiest to change so start there
Floyd Theriot  
Report this Post
FN123

Thank you!!!!

Report this Post
medphysteo

Before you start replacing parts, make sure the chamber fan is turning freely. Any time you have discrepancies between internal and displayed temperature or CO2 readings in Forma incubators, 99.9% of the time the fan has stalled or is slowing down due to bearings seizing. The environment sensors are mounted in the chamber ceiling shroud in line with the fan blower outlet, and without proper airflow past them they will not read accurately. Unless someone went into Settings and started jacking around.

Report this Post
NormW

Yes I Agree. 95% of the time my issue is solved by replacing a bad fan motor.

Report this Post
FN123

Hello All,

Thank you for replying, actually I check the blower and it is working perfectly, so it seems that the sensor is the one because it is reading 3% even the incubators has not CO2 in it.

Report this Post
medphysteo

Did you calibrate the zero point before you tried calibrating at 5%.

Report this Post
FN123

Yes, but still going up to 9 %

Report this Post
benhadad

Does the sensor have any residual built up on it?  

Report this Post
Natxo
Check the air filter inside the incubator. If it is black on one of its faces, change it and repeat the calibration.
Set the CO2 Set point to zero and allow the device to stabilize at least 8 hours.
Carry out the adjustment of the CO2 zero, adjust the SET POINT to the working value, connect the gas and wait at least one hour to stabilize. Readjust the CO2 Span if necessar

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1