Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

SPD Error problem

This unit, as well as an Optima TL that we have, both recently developed a problem where, during spin-up, the RPMs start going up, then they bounce around erratically for a short while, and then the unit beeps with a speed (SPD) error, locking us out for 20 minutes until it resets. We have tried 3 different rotors in both machines but have not been able to isolate the cause of the problem. If you can coax it to start, it will continue running very well, but it's almost impossible to get to that point. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

-Peter

Pohli, Inc.

Asked by

Pohli, Inc.
Report this Post
dpkleessr

I need a little more information and you are the only one to get it for me. In order to actually see what SPD diagnostic is present, you need to download the error codes from memory. To do this p4ress the following key sequence. [ENTER] 1,1,1 [ENTER}. This will give you access to the last 16 error diagnostic codes. Pressing [ENTER} after noting each error code will step you through the codes. Hitting CE will dump you out of this mode. Please let me know what the actual SPD code(s) say as there are several that can show up.

Don

Report this Post
Pohli, Inc.Reply by
Pohli, Inc.

Hi Don,

Thank you for your help. Here are the results from the display of the Optima TL. The other unit is on the back burner at the moment until we can hopefully get this one up and running. I hope I have correctly interpreted the codes:

tACHo
SC-NC
noNdrU
tACHo
P FAiL
tACHo
tACHd    [this time a "d" instead of an "o"]
tACHo
noLoCt
SC-ui
P Fail
no  id
P Fail
bAd iNb
SC-ui
P Fail

Hopefully these codes will shed some light on the mystery and keep me from getting more gray hairs. Thanks again!

Peter

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Peter, Thanks for downloading the error codes.  The ones that caught my eye were the Tacho, TachD, and  no id which might indicate a problem with your Tach module.  Is there any chance that something or someone has bumped the Tach module such that the spacing between the module and the underside of the drive hub has been changed.  It should be 0.060" or 1.5mm.  It really is not too difficult to move the module down enough to create problems.  Check the spacing and get back to me.

Don

Report this Post
Pohli, Inc.Reply by
Pohli, Inc.

Hi Don,

I thought I had checked that, but now I'm honestly not sure. I'll have time today to check into that. I'll let you know what I find out.

As always, thank you!
Peter

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1