Discussion Category:  Isocratic

Pressure Error Display

I am using the PU 1580 HPLC pump in my set-up.  Every time I turn it on the pressure sensor always displyas :"error" which consequently I cannot use it at that instant.

How can I fixed this error display?

Thanks

Asked by

Rugi_28
Report this Post
JRB

the error is caused by residual pressure at power on or the sensor being out of calibration. Open the drain valve and restart the instrument. If the error persists, it is likely that the pressure sensor is out of calibration.

There is an adjustment screw on the rear panel to zero the 'true' reading. If the value is out of calibration the error message will be displayed.  Press clear and the instrument will continue initializing. Press shift and then 6 and you can see the true value, carefully adjust the rear panel using a small screwdriver until the value reaches zero. Power off and on.

If the error persists it is likely the pressure sensor has failed and needs to be replaced.

Report this Post
Rugi_28
Hello JRB. May I ask where is the locatio of the the drain valve? Thank.
Report this Post
mohamedalikashlouaa

where is the location of the drain valve in jasco pu-980 intelligent hplc pump? please

Report this Post
JRB

you should find the drain valve on the right side of the pump head (it should be black). The drain outlet (normally a small length of SS tubing) should be located on the top of the head.

visit jascoinc.com for additional support

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1