Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Replacing bearings

I am trying to replace bearings in 5415R but the motor housing is hold together by several atypical bolts (protruding flat cap).

Does anyone know how to open the motor housing in order to get to the bearings?

Also, what type/size of bearins are in this motor?

Thank you!!!

Asked by

MartinJacko
Report this Post
WarwickJon

Hi Martin.  

I have one of these motors on the shelf and I've just had a quick look.  The unusual bolts will come out but you'll need to use a pair of pliars or similar to undo them with.

I can't remember exactly how the top of the motor housing comes away.  It may need to be carefully pulled off with a puller as I think it holds the top bearing (I cant be certain).

The bottom bearing will probably be a push fit to so will need pulling or pushing out cartefully.  Remeber to carefully remove the speed sensing parts from the bottom of the motor assembly.

Good luck, Jon

Report this Post
WarwickJon

So bearing size, once youve removed the bearings, measure the outside and inside diameters and also the bearing thickness.  This will give you the info you need to order replacements.  They will be a failry standard size.

Report this Post
MartinJacko

Thank you for the help. M.

Report this Post
ramsoto

Citar MartinJacko

Estoy tratando de reemplazar los rodamientos en 5415R pero la carcasa del motor está unida por varios pernos atípicos (tapa plana sobresaliente).

¿Alguien sabe cómo abrir la carcasa del motor para llegar a los rodamientos?

Además, ¿qué tipo / tamaño de oso hay en este motor?

¡¡¡Gracias !!!

como se desarma  el sensor de velocidad?,como esta unido al eje?

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1