Discussion Category:  Autoclaves

Pressure Problem

Hello there, I have the same model autoclave, and just last Friday one of my cycles halted about an hour and a half into the cycle. I noticed after testing another phase that the pressure could not get above 10 psi. I checked the manual, but it says to have someone come out to inspect the pressure release valve, but after contacting the company, they no longer repair this version. I am just hoping someone can help me out here on what I could do, or if I just need to buy a new autoclave... I don't even know if new parts for the pressure release valve are available anywhere! Thanks for the help

Asked by

Nina Roy
Report this Post
leonbroussard
Nina, Thermo Fisher Scientific has some parts for this autoclave .. Also RPI has a pressure reliefvalvebthat will work in this autoclave. However, You might have a pin hole in the door spring gasket .... the part is made of rubber and seals the door latch and provides pressure to the door latch to prevent opening under high pressure .I replaced one last week on the same model autoclave which had the same problem as yours. Leon Broussard Lab Care, LLC
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1