Discussion Category:  GC Systems

memory reset error

Hi

When we try to wake up a GC from its long time sleep, we faced some problems. Previously, we used this gc. We know the parts installed vs.. After 1 year, when we opened, it gave us memory reset error. And in the beginning the situation was hopeless, until i see your previous comment on the similar problem, thanks by the way, (http://www.labwrench.com/?community.posts/threadNo/169004/subject/ERROR-ON-GC-6890N-INVALID-SERIAL-NUMBER/). Then we entered the serial number as you suggested. We connected to the instrument from online and it asked i found new parts, we coordinated the detectors, columns, vanes, inlets etc. We make it work after we entered the necessary info. THE PROBLEM ?S it is forgetting and asking the same config lots of things everytime we opened it. There is no problem in computer part. It is giving the same "memory reset" everytime we opened it. So I think it is really resetting memory. But it is not asking serial number we entered, so it is holding it in its memory. We did not use clear mode in the instrument or anything yet. After some search in the internet, i found that there is a battery in the motherboard, maybe it is finished. I can also able to change that. Before doing anything, i want to ask your comments. Maybe we are missing some simple things, such as after we correct every part in the instrument, we should make some savings in the instruments panel maybe... We are using the instrument but this thing is disturbing us. Any help will be welcomed by us. Thanks

Asked by

mert
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie
You need to replace the battery on the main board. Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
mert

Thank you Dan, I will change the battery and reply to you the results, due to some distance to that workstation, i think in 2-3 months...

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1