Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

No error...Refrigeration doesn't keep temperature during a run

No error...Refrigeration doesn't keep temperature during a run

Fast cool function cools the machine down to set temperature but never stops. When I try a run, the temperature slowly increases away from the set point. Any ideas? 

Asked by

Tech
Report this Post
WarwickJon

When you say it cools but never stops, can you expand on that a bit please?

Does the refrigeration unit keep pulling the temperature down past the set point?

Report this Post
Tech

Quote WarwickJon

When you say it cools but never stops, can you expand on that a bit please?

Does the refrigeration unit keep pulling the temperature down past the set point?

Thanks for the reply. It cools on fast cool but doesn't stop, I have to manually stop it, even though it reaches the set temp. Under 12,000 RPM it keeps the temperature nicely, but at 13,000 RPM it slowly increases to around 7-8C when set to 4C. At 14,000 RPM it slowly increases to 9-10C when set to 4C. I had it flash once error 20 but it dissapeared quickly when I closed the lid. Any ideas?

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Based on that, you've got to consider your refrigeration side of things is defective and cant handle the extra heat generated at higher speeds.

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Also, check that the unit isn't pushed up against other equipment, thus blocking the airflow out of the vents.  We've had this before here where people shove things up against the centrifuges.

Report this Post
Ross Hansohn

It could also be that the condensing coil is clogged with dust. Or perhaps it is low on refrigerant.

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Quote Ross Hansohn

It could also be that the condensing coil is clogged with dust. Or perhaps it is low on refrigerant.

Deffinately also a posibility and worth checking.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1