Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

D14 error. From swapping parts?

I had a D1 error (PRT issue)  I swapped the RPT board with one from a similar J-25, which did not fix the issue and then when I put the original board back in it I received D14 error (communication, rs232 time out)  Has anyone ever come across something like this?

Dynomite

Asked by

Dynomite
Report this Post
dpkleessr

I'm a little confused by your post. Did you actually replace one of the 3 RPT boards in the drive or did you replace the inverter board on the swing out chassis? Please clarify that point and get back to me.

Don

Report this Post
dpkleessr

By the way, RPT stands for Rotary Position Transducer of which there are 3 located in the drive motor.

Don

Report this Post
DynomiteReply by
Dynomite

I guess I swapped the inverter board. it was the smaller board on the swing out chassis. 

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Actually the smaller board is the SR Control board.  I would recommend that you go thru the Windage and Inertia calibration again using the information that I previously posted on this site.  That may take care of all of your problems.  The D14 error code can be an intermittent issue but I would definitely try the reinitialization of the windage and inertia first.

Don

Report this Post
DynomiteReply by
Dynomite

The SR Control board has a red light on, where it says com. does this matter

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Unless there is a reason for communication to take place, such as starting a run, it is not uncommon for ANY of the LED's to be RED or GREEN.

Don

Report this Post
DynomiteReply by
Dynomite

I ran the calibration and it almost immediately threw the D1 error upon spinning. All other errors are gone

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Then you may indeed have a problem with one of the RPT's in the drive assembly.  With the front cover and the swing out chassis cover removed, try spinning a rotor manually while looking down at the SR Control board at the 3 LED's that are labelled Phase A, B,and C and see if they are changing state with the rotation.  If one does not change state or if they do not change at all might be indicative of where the problem lies.

Don

Report this Post
DynomiteReply by
Dynomite

RPT C is not lighting up

Report this Post
DynomiteReply by
Dynomite

I have an extra drive, should I just replace the whole thing? Also where are the RPTs and boards?

Report this Post

Page 1 of 2