Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

re:

this unit (LE-80K)runs fine with rotor Ti70, but on TI45 rotor I get "speed flashing" at 29000 rpm., the speed still continue to climb, I was able to clear it "CE". when the speed is at 39000rpm it show blinking everything (stop) and decelerated.

Tron

Asked by

trong.ha
Report this Post
dpkleessr

Tron, I am away from home until tomorrow so I will get back to you once I get home. One quick point, the fact that you get a speed diagnostic with the Ti45 rotor means that you should probably take a close look at the overspeed disk on that rotor both for condition and also is it actually the correct disk for that rotor. I also don't know how old your rotors are but after 5 years of regular use their maximum speed should be reduced by 10% by placing a lower rated overspeed disk on the rotor.

Don

Report this Post
trong.ha

yes, the overspeed disc is correct, both of these rotor still work fine on the L8-70M. just only the Ti45 that just recently fail "SPEED" error on this LE-80K OPtima ultracentrifuge. Do you think I need to do recalibrate this rotor on this unit so It would recognize.

Trong

Report this Post
dpkleessr

OK, here's the deal with Optima series centrifuges versus the old L8M series. The old L8M series only ever had one type of overspeed pickoff so I'm not surprised that you are not having issues with your rotors on that centrifuge. There were SEVERAL variations of the overspeed pickoff for the Optima series and there were also several versions of the overspeed disks themselves that had different reflective properties and some of them were NOT compatible with each other. It became a nightmare at times dealing with this issue as I had to carry a LOT of different types of the same speed rated overspeed disks in order to help customers out. This may be the issue you are dealing with but from where I am sitting I really can't be sure. You might try comparing the disks on each rotor to see if they actually look the same as to their shininess.

Don

Report this Post
trong.ha

thanks Don, I will order some spare overspeed disk, since this one has some scratch. I think it will work.

Trong

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1