Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

BIOS settings

Can someone post the BIOS settings from a working unit? I lost them when the CMOS battery died and cannot figure out the right settings. I especially need COM port settings. The default settings don't recognize the centrifuge and touchscreen properly and I am now disabling all the COM ports other than the essential COM1 (for the centrifuge). Instead of the touchscreen, I hooked up a mouse, but it's nice to have it back. Thanks.

Asked by

Ken B
Report this Post
jerome1976

I am looking for the Bios settings and COM port settings and how to put them back in the L-100XP.   I also replaced the CR2032   battery because it was dead and a dead display.   I just want by display back.

If any information, it would be greatly appreciated.    The service code is...372466.

Report this Post
jerome1976

I am looking for the Bios settings and COM port settings and how to put them back in the L-100XP.   I also replaced the CR2032   battery because it was dead and a dead display.   I just want by display back.

If any information, it would be greatly appreciated.    The service code is...372466.

Report this Post
Revive ScientificReply by
Revive Scientific

DId you ever figure this out?

Report this Post
Ken B

Nope. I keep using a mouse. At least I can use the centrifuge. 

Report this Post
Revive Scientific

How do you still use it with a mouse? I still get the black screen with vertical lines. This is so annoying. Thanks.

Report this Post
Ken B

That's a different problem than what I have. I would check the connectors for the monitor. One on the motherboard and the other for the monitor. The connectors look like the ones for an old laptop. I found the connector on the monitor can get loose very easily. 

There's a daughter board next to the motherboad and it has PS2 connectors. One of them is connected to the touchpad and you can hook up a mouse instead. 

Report this Post
Revive Scientific

Hi @Ken B thanks for answering. I was actually able to get to the BIOS but can't figure out the settings to get the system to load properly. I keep getting only 2/3rds of the screen on the display. The toiuchscreen works but cant adjust display now. Any insight on the BIOS settings to make everything work correctly? Thanks

Report this Post
Ken B

I don't have a setting to make everying work correctly, but I have a setting that make my unit operational. 

1. Load the optimized setting (this should fix your display issue)

2. Disable the diskette drive (i.e. A: drive so that you won't get no diskette drive error)

3. Disable COM2 (this disables the touchpad and hence I need a mouse)

I don't have access to my unit currently. My mobo is dying. I hope you can toggle throug the menu to find these settings. 

Report this Post
Ken B

I don't have a setting to make everying work correctly, but I have a setting that make my unit operational. 

1. Load the optimized setting (this should fix your display issue)

2. Disable the diskette drive (i.e. A: drive so that you won't get no diskette drive error)

3. Disable COM2 (this disables the touchpad and hence I need a mouse)

I don't have access to my unit currently. My mobo is dying. I hope you can toggle throug the menu to find these settings. 

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1