Discussion Category:  Shakers

Unit powers on, but display blank and inoperable

Our 4342 model power on, and fans start, but the display is blank. In addition, none of the buttons register anything.

I tried removing the back panel and looking for the reset button mentioned in other threads, but this clearly must have been a different model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asked by

WK147
Report this Post
WarwickJon

If there's no reset on this unit you may want to start checking any internal fuses and also the power supply board.

Report this Post
WK147

Thanks for the response.

https://ibb.co/wyh33kY

Pressing the blue button on the bottom right shuts down the machine, but does nothing for the display.

Also, when the device was opened, the ribbon cable was detached at one end, as shown in the photo; assuming this is the issue, where in the display PCB should the cable be attached?

Report this Post
WarwickJon

That dispalced ribbon cable would do it I'm sure.  

Without seeing the rest of the unit I couldnt say where it connects back in.  You need to look for a socket that will take it on the inside of the control panel.  I'd be suprised if there was more than one place it could go.

Report this Post
WK147

Found and inserted the ribbon, but nothing changed.

The power button on the display works to turn the unit on (but not off?) Also, when the machine is turned off manually, the fans continue to run, and the main PCB continues to be lit, until the device is unplugged. None of the buttons for temp/speed function at all. Is there a specific fuse that may have blown? The manual unfortunately contains no schematic.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1