Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Err "Sys" and "Drive" flashing

Hello  I have two Avanti J25 centrifuges,the old style with the rotary knobs and the led displays, one works fine but the other displays "sys drive" I have swapped all the circuit boards from the good one to the faulty one but errors still there, can anybody help please ? thanks Phil

Asked by

optimum
Report this Post
optimum

thanks for the help Don I checked the RPT leds like you have said in previous posts and they did not flicker when the rotor was spun,I removed the drive and found that the RPT circuit board area was full of water, I dried everything and reinstalled, now the leds work fine, but still cannot find the info to initilize the centrifuge, I have read all your posts and googled for information but to no avail, could someone help me find your previous post, I feel I am almost there fixing this machine, thank you

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Water in the bottom of the drive motor is indeed a problem. The drive and tubing assembly was redesigned about 8 years ago to eliminate this as an issue. I don't know if they issued an update kit for that and I really have no way of finding out anymore. I will try later today, US east coast time, to repost the instructions that you are unable to find so by tomorrow you should be good to go.

Don

Report this Post
optimum

thanks Don Cheers

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Sorry that I did not get back to you but I had a medical issue to deal with. I will dig out my manual and repost the the instructions.

Report this Post
dpkleessr

First, you never told me what rotors you had available to you because that will determine if all of the initialization steps can be done with your rotor(s). Also, there should be a decal behind the front cover of the centrifuge affixed to the frame of the centrifuge. You should find ALL of the pertinent settings on that label UNLESS you changed out circuit boards from the ones that were originally installed in the centrifuge. So, instead of having to run a dynamic initialization you could simply plug in the values on the label for each section.ALL commands start with the sequence [SET/ACTUAL], [ACCEL], [SET/ACTUAL], [DECEL]. then it just a question of the next two key selections as to what information you want to enter into the centrifuge. The first item is to clear the S7 diagnostic. That is done by entering [TIME/HOLD], [ACCEL] after the previous 4 steps mentioned followed by the [CLEAR] button.If the door lock timer EVER gets engaged, use the [TIME/HOLD], [DECEL], followed by [CLEAR]to override it.To clear a system lock-up, enter [RPM/RCF], [TIME/HOLD].Next is the ELEVATION of where the centrifuge is located. Again, this should be on the calibration label. So after entering the steps previously mention, press [ACCEL] and then [DECEL] within 2 seconds of each other. Enter the value and hit the[SET/ACTUAL] key to store the value.Next, enter the P2 value off of the label by hitting [DECEL], [RPM/RCF] within 2 seconds of each other followed by the [SET/ACTUAL] key.In order to do a complete initialization enter [RPM/RCF], [DECEL] then press [START] AFTER THE DOOR IS CLOSED! The speed display should show 4500 RPM and then the centrifuge will run thru both the "INERTIA" and "WINDAGE" calibrations during which time the centrifuge will start and stop several times all under automatic control. DO NOT hit the STOP button or you will abort the sequence.If you only want to enter the necessary drive values then do the following:For the 900 to 1900 RPM Inertia value enter [ACCEL], [RPM/RCF] and dial in the value on the decal into the speed display using the speed knob. Press [SET/ACTUAL] to store the value.For the 3000 to 3500 RPM inertia value press [ACCEL], [TIME/HOLD], dial in the value in the speed display followed by [SET/ACTUAL] to store the value.Finally, enter the Windage Calibration value by pressing the [ACCEL] key twice within 2 seconds in the speed display followed by the [SET/ACTUAL] key to store the value.That should get you going again assuming that there is nothing else wrong with the centrifuge. I apologize again for not getting back to you quicker but I have been dealing with some issues that made even sitting at my desk problematic. Please let me know how it goes.Don

Report this Post
optimum

Hi Don thanks for going to all this trouble to help me, Could you have a look at the below commands and tell me if i am doing it correctly as I am having a little trouble..

Elevation... (set Act) Accel  (set Act) Decel, then (Accel)  (Decel) within 2 secondsof each other, Enter Value and then (set/Actual)

P2 Value...  (set Act) Accel (set Act) Decel,  then (Decel) (Rpm/Rcf) within  2 seconds of each other Enter Value and then (set/Actual)

How do I enter the Elevation and p2 values ? do I use the rotary Knob for the speed or the Rotary Knob  for the time ? thanks Phil.   by the way there are no errors now but it flicks from JA to JLA rotors when the RPM starts to rise, the rotor I am using is a JA10

Report this Post
dpkleessr
Generally speaking, all entries are done with the SPEED control know and show up in the SPEED display itself. The key sequences you listed are correct, too. Don
Report this Post
dpkleessr
I missed the last part of your post on my phone but you use the same 4 key strokes to begin every entry. After that it is all about the last two keys you push and I believe I stated that everything that all adjustments are done with the SPEED control knob and display. The issue with JA10 rotor I'm not sure of. How old is the rotor? Does it have magnets embedded in the bottom of the rotor? If not then it will never read the rotor correctly. Since I don't know how old your centrifuge is, I also don't know how current the firmware is because there were LOTS of firmware updates on the Avanti J series centrifuges. Don
Report this Post
optimum

Thats great information Don. will check rotor, cheers

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Phil,  There was a whole list of rotors that should not be used in Avanti J centrifuges and there was another list that said how a rotor without magnets would be identified by the firmware.  Not sure that I have that information anymore but I will look.  The key point to this is without knowing exactly what rotor is being run, the proper temperature compensation based upon speed and temperature setting cannot be utilized.  That's why I asked.

Don

Report this Post

Page 3 of 3