Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Err "Sys" and "Drive" flashing

Hello  I have two Avanti J25 centrifuges,the old style with the rotary knobs and the led displays, one works fine but the other displays "sys drive" I have swapped all the circuit boards from the good one to the faulty one but errors still there, can anybody help please ? thanks Phil

Asked by

optimum
Report this Post
optimum

Hi Don the error codes I get are d1 and 57 ? any help appreciated thank you Phil

Report this Post
dpkleessr

OK, the "S7" is indeed a situation that will require a complete reinitialization of the centrifuge. That in itself may "fix" your "D1" problem but no guarantees on that. The D1 is indicative of a failure of one of the 3 RPT's (rotary position transducers)located in the bottom of the drive motor assembly. That failure could also be generated by a failure of the circuit board that monitors the RPT's. That would be the smaller circuit board located on the swing out chassis. The easiest way to see if the board is functional is to rotate the drive spindle by hand and see if the 3 LED's on that board are turning off and on as you do so. Again, going thru a complete initialization as I previously posted on this data base may take care of the D1 problem AFTER it takes care of the S7 diagnostic. Hope this helps.

Don

Report this Post
optimum

thanks for the information Don, is there any information on this forum of how to do a complete

reinitialization ? or do i need an engineer

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Yes, I posted the complete process for both the LED display and the fluorescent display models at least 2 or 3 years ago. You will have to search in this data base as it is an involved process and you MUST follow all of the steps including entering the correct altitude for where you are located in order to not have FRS (vacuum) problems.

Report this Post
optimum

Sorry Don only read the top part of your reply, I am reading on my phone did not show full reply, thanks for this information will check the leds tomorrow,your information is greatly appreciated

Phil

Report this Post
dpkleessr

No problem Phil. Just let me know how it goes and understand, there are only certain rotors that can be used for the initialization process so let me know which rotors you have available to do the process.

Don

Report this Post
jams
If you need any help , feel free to contact me, I am an engineer that works at Beckman so can assist if rewuired
Report this Post
dpkleessr

If you currently work for Beckman Coulter then you should realize that what you are doing is against company policy. Your call but I have no issues since I retired almost 8 years ago. Just be careful that no one in corporate finds out what you are doing.

Report this Post
optimum

Having trouble finding the initilization process for the led model, I have read all the posts on here can you point me in the right direction ? thanks Phil.

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Phil, It should be somewhere in the area of the fluorescent display posting. It is rather involved so reposting it would kind of be a pain.

Report this Post

Page 2 of 3