Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

error message 10_3

Hi, Having problems with our Eppendorf 5424R centrifuge. Have replaced the motor and main circuit board but now when I switch it on Err 10 _ 3 flashes on the screen. However the machine now spins and cools as it should if I ignore this and continue on to use it. Before replacing the motor and board I noticed that heat had melted through one of the cables connected to the motor and obviously had shorted it out through the adjacent metal pipe. There was also damaged components on the board around the 'Motor Temperature Switch' terminals. Anyway this has since been remedied. Just wondering if I should use the centrifuge with error 10_3. Thank you

Asked by

nicsne3507
Report this Post
Tech

Hello. I am having the same problem. Did you ever get to figuring out if this is an issue or how to clear that error? It works fine otherwise, just opens up with an error 10_3

Report this Post
nicsne3507

Hi, we had to get an engineer in. The problem was a conflict between the old and new circuit board serial numbers entered in the system. I'm afraid i don't know how he remedied this.

Report this Post
ThomasA
The solution to this problem is described here: https://www.saharasimba.com/post/install-a-new-main-fc-pcb-from-eppendorf. After replacing the Eppendorf 5424R main board, the instrument serial number must be entered through Service Function 14, as follows:
Go to Service Mode. (Hold RPM key down while turning on the centrifuge)
E 10_3 displayed.
Press Start.
SE 1 displayed.
Go to SE 14 by turning the Time knob
Press Start
1: - ---- Enter the first 6 digits of the serial number using the Time and Speed controls.
Press Start
2:- ---- - Enter the last 6 digits of the serial number using the Time and Speed controls.
Press Start
OK is displayed.
Turn the centrifuge off.
Turn the centrifuge on. No error message should appear.
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1