Discussion Category:  Scintillation Counters

Service on a Beckman LS 6500 Scintillation Counter in Houston

I have a Beckman LS 6500 Scintillation Counter at Rice University in Houston, TX, and need minor service for a stuck sample, but Beckman no longer supports this system, and my previous third-party service provider no longer supports it either. Do you know of a local or semi-local service provider for this system?

Asked by

AngeloBenedetto
Report this Post
LabWrench-Admin

Hi Angelo, 

I have moved this thread to the correct category. Hopefully you will get more specific help this way. 

-LabWrench Site Admin

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Angelo, I am no longer a BCI service engineer but I did work on this series of LS counters from their original inception as the LS6000 series back in 1989 until I retired back in 2012, so I might be able to help you get the sample out.  Is the sample stuck up inside the detector assembly by itself or is it still on top of the elevator shaft while stuck up inside the detector?  Other than that, were there any other error messages displayed on the screen?  Have you tried hitting the hard reset button above where the power cord plugs in?  Get back to me when you can.

Don

Report this Post
AngeloBenedetto

Don,

Thank you VERY much for the reply and your willingness to help. I have found a semi-local outfit who services these, and the Professor who hosts it has decided to go through them for service, but I really do appreciate your reply.

Angelo

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1