Discussion Category:  Sample Preparation

Flexsys 24 pin Colony Picker

I have a 24 pin colony picking head from genomic solutions which has 5 pins which are sticking. This product is no longer supported by the manufacturer. Does anyone have any information, service manuals etc on this machine? Thanks

Asked by

Bodasafa
Report this Post
jmr

I'm trying to restart a flexys colony picker. Nobody seems to remember what the service password is for our machine, excepted that it was simple. I randomly tied Flexys, PBA, Genomic Solutions, etc... There is no way to change that password, so it may well have been factory set and is probably the same for every machine. Do you happen to know what it is, or how to reset it? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Report this Post
cchav231

Hi, I have a PBA/Genomic solution Flexys gridder & replicator. It has a colony & plaque picker as well as a gridder & replicator function each depending of their own softwares (Picker V2.02; Bioassay Gridder V.1.03& Gridder/replicator V.2.02). These applications uses microsoft window 3.11. This look likes it could be really the same instrument that you have (user manual is dated 1996). I have the operating manuals for both gridder& replicator and for the colony& plaque picker. I could send a copy  to you if you are still interested. 

Our own machine does not function properly as it seem the software might have been corrupted. We do not have an original of the software as it was already loaded onto the computer. As the machine is no longer supported by manufacturers (now bought by Digilab), it is no longer  possible to get a copy of the software. I was wondering if you would be able to send me a copy of the software you have for your machine, if you still have it. That would be very helpful. Thanks.

Report this Post
jmr

Please contact me: jmrouill at umich dot edu

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1