D2 Lamp Failed Peak Check

I recently purchased a used Lambda 650 with 60mm integrating sphere. I have been having nothing but issues with it since I bought it. I can't even get it to calibrate. It keeps telling that the "D2 Lamp Failed Peak Check". This is a new bulb that I replaced this week. I am also not able to use the "align" feature in UV Winlab to make sure light is actually getting through. It just flashes the light for a split second not giving me time to check the alignment. I would be happy for any advice that doesn't include calling a service rep out for $2500 to look at it.
coursen

Asked by

coursen
Report this Post
BerriditReply by
Berridit

Hi, With the Sphere, you get a very weak siganl at the best of times. If you are sure that both lamps are on and stay on, then what you are probably seeing is the White light flashing past. This would suggest that the Wavelength Calibration is out, so by going to 0nm, it isnlt really getting there. In the Service Methids, you should see a method called Wavelength Accuracy D2 656.1. Try to run this and in the sample page, enter the expected value of 656.1 with a tolerance of 0.15nm and run this method to see if you get any D2 peak. If you see nothing, then in the Data Collection section you can alter the range to see if it that far out. It is possible to manually calibrate if you get a peak that is far out.

From the sphere, ensure that the Spectralon covers are attached the each end. Keep me posted

iberridge@isocount.com

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1