Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Avanti JXN-26 'slow vacuum'

I am getting a 'slow vacuum' error on an Avanti JXN-26 hi speed centrifuge. I have rebuilt the vacuum pump and do not believe the pump to be the issue. I have seen that a similar problem on an Avanti J-26XPI units has been resolved by replacing the motor mounts and the motor boot gasket. Can anyone confirm that this can also be an issue with the Avanti JXN-26?

Asked by

terrymarshall2807
Report this Post
terrymarshall2807

Just want to say that replacing the motor mounts and the hall effect motor boot resolved this issue. I also noticed a lot of gunk in the groove on top of the motor that needed to be cleaned in order for the new motor boot to seat properly. I also used hi-vacuum grease on the new motor boot, which I would recommend doing.

Report this Post
fmasciocchi6794

Hi terrymarshall2807 I am currently trying to troubleshoot an F1 FRS error on an Avanti J-26XP.  Is this the error that you were having when you refer to slow vacuum?  I'm beginning to wonder if replacing the motor mounts and drive boot would be worth replacing as I've tried everything such as cleaning the chamber gasket, replacing o-rings on JA-17 rotor I'm using, rebuilt vacuum pump and solenoid valve.  Any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Frank

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1