Discussion Category:  Stereo Microscopes

Nikon models SMZ 645, 660, and 745T

My question about these three microscopes is: Do they have built in illumination, or do illumination systems need to be purchased separately? From my reading of the tech. specs., I believe that the SMZ 660 has built in illumination, while the other two do not. Can you clear this up for me? Thanks.

Asked by

ron neff
Report this Post
seo
The Nikon Stereo Microscopes come with your choice of stands and illumination. The model numbers you gave above refer to the model number of the heads. The difference between the 645 and 660 is the degree of the eyepiece tubes, one head is 45 (645) degrees, the other is 60 degrees (660). The 745T is a trinocular zoom stereo head.     The illumination is available in top lighting, bottom lighting, or both. You can also add an LED ring light for additional top lighting. A separate illumination system which employs a single gooseneck, (bifurcated tube) or a double gooseneck is also available for side lighting.     The best thing to do would be to call the Nikon Microscope Dealer in your area, and request a quote, specifically telling the salesman what type of light you prefer. You can visit one of their top dealers in the nation online if you require additional help at the following hyperlink: [url=http://www.seoenterprises.com/shop/home.php]Microscope[/url]
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1