Discussion Category:  Sample Preparation

Very poor experience with Tecan Fluent

Online reviews of this instrument are few and far between. Has anyone else had a very poor overall experience with Tecan and the Fluent platform? We've had terrible technical service experiences, which occur monthly because the instrument itself is incredibly buggy, and inconsistent in it's operability. All of this has continued since 2019, and despite trying to get anyone in the Tecan organization to really step up and do anything, or give us the attention we would like to have, it's been crickets. I had to email a VP I found through linkedin in the org in order to get our sales rep to respond after literally trying to reach them for 6 months. Service contracts are exorbitantly high (approximately $25K/year), and require a preventative maintenance service that they charge separately and ranges from $32K to $99K per instrument, and is required annually to renew your service contract. For all of the issues we've had, the most expensive year for service charges was just over $15K, and so hardly justifies the service-contract/PM price tag. Additionally, having someone trained to use the software is another $4,700 per person, otherwise you'll have to spend a comparable amount of money each time you request their application engineers to program something for you. All of these issues have been going on since before disruptions started due to COVID, and only got worse since then. I know this is sounding like a rant now, but I'm genuinely curious if any other organization(s) has had a similar experience with Tecan and the Fluent system?

Asked by

rob_T1052
Report this Post
k.jarvis

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you're having issues getting in touch w/ Tecan reps. I work quite closely with some of their team and can point you in the direction of the appropriate person to get in contact with.

I typically work with EMEA team but can track down whichever sales rep/apps engineer that's responsible for your device, just let me know if you'd like me to help.

Report this Post
rob_T1052

Thank you, for reaching out. I have eventually been able to get a hold of our sales reps, and engineers. The issue above where I didn't hear from anyone for several months occurred back in 2019-2020. To be honest, I get a better response from the engineers than from the tech-service helpline. My main reason for this post was to see if anyone else who uses Tecan's products have had similar experiences. If this lack of serviceĀ is the norm for Tecan, then I'll need to temper my expectations. If this lack of service is unusual for Tecan, then I'll continue to be a thorn. Nonetheless, thank you for offering to help, I do appreciate it.

Report this Post
Optimize
Hi Rob T, my experience with Tecan is "excellent products", but "over-priced services" i've seen recent "Helpdesk" tickets where it says "if we don't get back to you within 7 days, please remind us .." i run my own consulting business which handles Tecan support for most product lines - with expertise in service, software, diagnosis, PM, training to ensure you get value for money and responses in a timely manner www.optimizeyourlab.com the secret to getting good service with Tecan is to bug the sales rep, complain that service is having a negative impact on your likelihood to purchase more systems, and voila !!
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1