Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

PCB connections

I had to disassemble our Optima TL 100 because the bellows between the temperature control assembly and the drive had failed, keeping it from pulling a vacuum. Foolishly, I did not take pictures during the disassembly. The PCB connections are what I am concerned about. The temperature sensor ring at the bottom of the "can" and the temperature sensor on the spindle itself both use the exact same 2-pin connector. The PCB under the can that these would plug onto has one connection point labeled J29 and an SL designation while the other is labeled J30 and a TP designation. The tach sensor and imbalance detector were easy to figure out, but I don't want to get these remaining two connections backwards. Also, on the drive itself, there is an overtemp sensor that plugs onto the main PCB that is a 2-wire sensor that uses a 3-pin connector. There are two possible places it can be connected. Lesson learned, I should have marked these things while taking them apart. The floor models all have very clear markings on the PCB for these things, so I assumed incorrectly that this machine would also. Does anyone have insight as to the proper placement of these connections on the boards?

Asked by

Brian D
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1