Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

Speed control erratic

Hi, my microfuge also has the speed setting problem. Able to set speed when I turn the speed control knob slowly. What kind of encoder is needed to replace this? What is the specification? Where can I get the replacement encoder? How do I replace it. Just open the two front allen screws on the sides? Thanks much

Asked by

govindarajan.rajagopalan8811
Report this Post
hollyelwirawinnie_2628
Same question! Any help, pls!
Report this Post
mark.e.harris9977
Same issue here, I sprayed some Electrical Contact Cleaner onto/around the shaft of the rotary encoder, spun the shaft back and forth, and my problem is solved. It's apparently just dirty inside. I wanted to disassemble it completely and clean the insides of the encoder, but I can't figure out how to open the machine. Anyway, perhaps there is no need to get inside. Spraying from the front onto the shaft definitely improved the dial's functionality. It's worth a try on your part.
Report this Post
ZakLabcare
Common issue on these when they get older, i've stripped apart one of the encoders before and fully cleaned it but that didn't seem to help, you can usually find replacements on eBay quite cheaply. To get to them it's the 4 screws on the casing, you then need to remove the lid plastic then slide the pin out that is holding the lid to the body of the unit, with a bit or persuading the case should slide off and then you can remove the front display to get at the encoder.

Zak Purtell
Workshop/Field Engineer

Labcare Service Ltd
1A Chapel Hill
Braintree, Essex
CM7 3QT
www.labcareservice.co.uk
Tel: 01376 332909
Service, calibration, repair and sales of laboratory equipment.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1