Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
Sime
Hi, the service manual states that there are 4 probable causes for Error 6: - convertor is overloaded; allow unit to cool and retry after 5 minutes - the brake is defective; no remedy given in the manual for this! - the voltage supply is too low; check voltage supply to unit - the rotor has come loose; retighten rotor If the unit has just been moved, first thing I'd try is removing then refitting the rotor. If this doesn't work I'd check the voltage. If its been left switched on for a long time it might not have appreciated being switched off while it was being moved, so it might have blown something on the voltage regulator (where the power cord goes into the back of the unit). I hope you manage to sort it out - my 9 year old 5810R died last month due to the rotor sensor failing. Eppendorf claimed they only keep spare parts on equipment for 7 years and since mine was 9 years old, no spare parts were available. Unfortunately, I had to scrap the centrifuge. Hope you have more luck with yours! All the best
Report this Post
Thank You- I did check those items, and actually had another unit with the same error code, which wasn't moved, and also had the freq conv board replaced less than a year ago. I wish eppendorf wasn't so 'black-box'. I have tech info on almost all other brands, but they're all about selling machines, not parts. It is unrealistic to offer either ship-in or exorbitant service only. Our clients are finally understanding that they don't want centrifuges that you can't repair economically. I can't wait to see how New Brunswick changes.
Report this Post
NITS

Were you able to fix the error 6 on your machine? Please let me know. Also, do you have the service manual?

Many thanks.

Report this Post
Reno

Hallo, I have the same problem - error 6. Does anybody have service manual to send me? Thanks!! Reno , My adress E-mail: reno.sime@gmail.com

Report this Post
LabWrenchSiteAdminReply by
LabWrenchSiteAdmin

Hello Reno

LabWrench has a partial User Manual for the Eppendorf 5804 / 5804R / 5810 / 5810R Centrifuges posted on the DOCUMENTS tab of the product page.

Below is a direct link to the User Manual. 

http://photos.labwrench.com/equipmentManuals/2402-202.pdf

The error codes are noted on page 41.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Respectfully
Ronnie Stanley

Ronnie Stanley
LabWrench Administrator
info@labx.com  
Report this Post
Reno

Hallo Ronnie,

thank you very much for User manual!

Do you have service manuel too?

Thanks and regards

Reno

Report this Post
LabWrenchSiteAdminReply by
LabWrenchSiteAdmin

HI Reno

No we do not have the Service Manual here.  There are many publications on the Eppendorf Website:

http://www.eppendorf.com

Click on the following links

1. Support and ep Services

2. Literature Library

3. Manuals

There you will find a list of products to choose from.

Respectfully
Ronnie

Ronnie Stanley
LabWrench Administrator
info@labx.com  
Report this Post
Augusto

Hello

Sorry for my english .

Usualy the problem ( in the case of error 6  - over load ) it's in a IGBT conected betwen the bridge rectifier and the brake resistor located in the inverter module.

This module it's the module conected to the motor.

sorry my english but today i've repaired another centrifuge with the same problem.

Please don,t hesitate to contact me.

All the best

Augusto hospassis@gmail.com

Report this Post
Reno

Hi,

I replaced two biggest electrolytic capacitor on  frequency convertor board - it solved problem. (there was error 6)

regards   Reno Zagreb     

Report this Post
sarwan

Hi Guys

I have a fault with this centrifuge with lid lock issue. When trying to close the top lid, the motor tries to latch the lid but stops half way. after few tries it does close, but fails to open the lid when button is pressed. I have replaced the lid lock motor and the lid microswitches but fault remains. I have monitored the motor voltage. there motor works without load, but voltage cuts off as soon as load is applied to it.

any suggessions on what might be causing the motor voltage to cut off??

also link to service manual would be helpfull.

thanks

Sarwan

Report this Post

Page 1 of 7