Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
Jason kaur

If its been left switched on for a long time it might not have appreciated being switched off while it was being moved, so it might have blown something on the voltage regulator (where the power cord goes into the back of the unit). I hope you manage to sort it out - my 9 year old 5810R died last month due to the rotor sensor failing. Eppendorf claimed they only keep spare parts on equipment for 7 years and since mine was 9 years old, no spare parts were available.

Delta-Power

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba

Probable failures for Error 6- the Frequency Converter PCB, or motor or brake.  
Eppendorf may not support this centrifuge but you do have alternatives service companies that do.  You can visit www.Saharasimba.com and talk with techs regarding parts or repairs.

Report this Post

Page 7 of 7