Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
Jason kaur

If its been left switched on for a long time it might not have appreciated being switched off while it was being moved, so it might have blown something on the voltage regulator (where the power cord goes into the back of the unit). I hope you manage to sort it out - my 9 year old 5810R died last month due to the rotor sensor failing. Eppendorf claimed they only keep spare parts on equipment for 7 years and since mine was 9 years old, no spare parts were available.

Delta-Power

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba

Probable failures for Error 6- the Frequency Converter PCB, or motor or brake.  
Eppendorf may not support this centrifuge but you do have alternatives service companies that do.  You can visit www.Saharasimba.com and talk with techs regarding parts or repairs.

Report this Post
walterferran1835
Were you able to fix the error 6 on your machine?
Report this Post
walterferran1835
Were you able to fix the error 6 on your machine?
Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba
Post by Sime basically explains all the possibilities for failure when you have an Error 6. As far as board repairs , you have alternative service providers. Sahara Simba Electronics offers board repairs and technical support on all repaired equipment.
Report this Post
GSPell
In my experience, it's mostly poor mains connections. Of the four 5810's that I have repaired with an Error 6, three of them were as simple as cleaning and reseating the spade connectors on the main power input. (I probably squished the female spade connector a little tighter with pliers, too.) Of those three, on one of them I had to clean/reseat the other end of of the main power wires where it connected to the main board. On another one of those, I replaced capacitor C11 (100µF/35V) on the main board as well, so I'm not sure which fix was the real issue. And then on the fourth one with an Error 6, I had to resolder a broken jumper bar on the big braking resistors. It looks almost like it's designed to break away if it over-amps (this may have been on a 5424R centrifuge, though). Good luck.
Report this Post
bowlby_2496
Another source of Error 6 is a bad thermister (inlet current limiter) on the FCB. It's a matte-black disk, about 2 cm diameter, located toward the top of the board. It almost looks like a disk capacitor and is labelled "SG160". It's supposed to measure 2.5 Ohms resistance. Mine measured 1.6 kOhms and had evidence of overheating. When I wiggled it a little one of the leads broke off from the disk. Replacing it fixed the problem. It's shown on page 85 of the service manual, right at the end of the "5-4" part callout line on Figure 3 (Spare parts list).
Report this Post
Engr Shoaib zaidi
Hello sir service manual required of ALP cl-40
Report this Post
timbarton
Thanks! I was looking for information about this
Our team of experienced tutors and mathematicians are here https://myhomeworkdone.com/do-my-math.html to help you tackle any math problem, no matter how challenging. With a simple and user-friendly interface, you can easily upload your assignments and receive top-quality solutions within the specified deadline. We understand the importance of confidentiality, which is why we guarantee 100% privacy and ensure that your personal information remains secure.  
Report this Post

Page 7 of 7