Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
jchaoReply by
jchao

I have another old model 5810. The sponge inside the lid starts to degrade and spread the black sticky stuffs inside the chamber. My "SMART" co-worker come up with a solution to seal the top hold to prevent these debris. Then the unit went overheat. Since then, It always show overload error when running high speed with load (4000 rpm with buckets). It will be fine without buckets. I pressed UP and DOWN button at the same time, it shows 9:Er 6 2 07. I have replaced Frequency converter twice, and the brake resister once (both show 150 ohms). Nothing works. Is it time to try replace motor?

Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

Have you tried removing the seal?  If you have... yes I would suspect the motor is the issue. 

Report this Post
jchaoReply by
jchao
Hi Simba, Of course I remove the seal and removed all degraded sponge. Forgot to mention, when they run overheat, they smell electronic burn.
Report this Post
Ed S

How to separate the Frequency controller PCB from the metal base.

You need to desolder the connections between the PCB and the Metal base. There are about a dozen connections that come up from the metal base that wrap around the outside of the PCB and connect onto large pads. The wire links can just be touched with an iron and you can just lift the wire our of the solder pool.

Report this Post
MildredSaxon

I saw also some more information on repairing this 5810R. so I post the links. BTW, I am not affilicated with this.

http:// kfolta.blogspot.com/2010/11/repairing-speed-sensor-on-eppendorf.html

http:// kfolta.blogspot.com/2008/06/lord-of-eppendorf-5810r.html

Report this Post
MildredSaxon

Quote jayk

Hello!

I have an Eppendorf 5804R that is giving error 24.

The supplier recommended me to change the whole board, but I am actually looking for a more economical solution.

Anyone can help me on that error?

Thank you

We are having same problems and Eppendorf says that 5810R is NOT repairable if there are problems with circuit board. Do you know of any way to buy a new or used circuit board?

Report this Post
WarwickJon

Quote MildredSaxon

Quote jayk

Hello!

I have an Eppendorf 5804R that is giving error 24.

The supplier recommended me to change the whole board, but I am actually looking for a more economical solution.

Anyone can help me on that error?

Thank you

We are having same problems and Eppendorf says that 5810R is NOT repairable if there are problems with circuit board. Do you know of any way to buy a new or used circuit board?

We recently received a main PCB direct to replace a faulty board. I'm suprised its no longer supported.

Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

What serial number do you have?  If it is the older style centrifuge with Serial number <120000.  Go to Customer program # 10, and go through the test.  This should be detailed in the operators manual.

If SN>12000 then the Service Manual indicates "Program Memory is full"

Report this Post
SimbaReply by
Simba

I can help you repair or repair for you.

Report this Post
OldNavy

The older version of the 58XX series are obsolete and no longer supported by Eppendorf.  5804, 5804R, 5810 below serial number 10,000 and 5810R below serial number 12,000.

If you have the part number you can order from their Customer Service line.  Many parts are no longer available.

Report this Post

Page 4 of 7