Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
Ed S

I've just fixed an old 5810R with V2.0 f/w that had an Error 6. It was a supply voltage problem but it was the frequency converter that was creating this error. I measured it was only getting about 12Vac to it.

I traced the problem back to the main PCB and found there are 2 power relays that switch the 240V coming in from the main connector straight out the the cable that supplies the Frequency Controller. These relays were not passing current and dropping about 100V across the contacts.

Replacing both relays fixed the problem and the centrifuge is operating normally.

Report this Post
Ryanlanglo

Can i get the manual for the older and newer 5810R please rlanglo@ucsb.org

Report this Post
Ryanlanglo

My error code is 31 and that manual doesnt have an error 31 my machine is older so i assume that manual is newer do you happen to have the older manual? Thank you

Report this Post
GSPell

Error 31-x

0 - Timeout closing lid

1 - Timeout opening the lid

2 - Undefined position when opening

3 - Monitoring of microswitches for lid

4 - Released lid does not open

5 - Error during lid test after power on

- Check the connections on the sensor board and plug X10. (Had this happen to me on one. Burnished the contacts and it worked fine after that.)

- Check for presence of voltages on the sensor board (but you need the schematics/wiring diagram.)

Report this Post
jchaoReply by
jchao

There is no Error 31 code for new version of 5810(R). Only old version has code 31 - x

Report this Post
FranciscoE

Please send me the Service Manual fco_encinas@hotmail.com

Report this Post
rafael_ch
Hello all. I urgently need the eppendorf 5810R service manual. Could someone send me to my email? I will be very grateful. greetings rafal.popiel@bluewin.ch
Report this Post
josamogo
Hello friends I have the same problem, who can help us? Thank you
Report this Post
josamogo

Cita sarwan

Hola chicos

Tengo una falla con esta centrífuga con el problema de bloqueo de la tapa. Cuando se intenta cerrar la tapa superior, el motor intenta cerrar la tapa, pero se detiene a la mitad. Después de algunos intentos, se cierra, pero no se abre la tapa cuando se presiona el botón. Se reemplazó el motor de bloqueo de la tapa y los microinterruptores de la tapa pero la falla continúa. Se vigila la tensión del motor. El motor funciona sin carga.

¿Alguna sugerencia sobre qué podría estar causando el corte del voltaje del motor?

También sería útil el enlace al manual de servicio.

Gracias

Sarwan

Report this Post
josamogo
Hello friends I have the same problem, who can help us? Thank you
Report this Post

Page 5 of 7