Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

eppendorf 5810R board diagnostics

Error 6 has numerous causes, this unit was working until moved, now it's all error 6. Temp control works fine. Does anybody know if the service manual is worth the $$? I don't want to replace the freq conv bd if I can see a work around. I have several other svc manuals for eppendorf, but the tech support folks are so unhelpful, that I may just recommend replacing unit with another more servicable brand.
Anonymous
Report this Post
josamogo
Hello friends I have the same problem, who can help us?   the probema that will not open the lid with the button   Thank you
Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba
Over current or over temp errors. Please visit Sahara Simba Electronics... we help with board repairs and testing
Report this Post
sarwan

Check to make sure the lid is not bent. Sometimes the users accidently jams item in between the lid and the frame. If the motor is latches while somthing is jammed in between, it will bend the lid frame. Hence this will create unneccesory loan on the motor because of the bent lid and cause the issue. This was the fault I found. Replacing the lid or identifying and straightening the lid may fix the fault.

good luck.

Cheers,
Sarwan

Report this Post
sarwan

Check to make sure the lid is not bent. Sometimes the users accidently jams item in between the lid and the frame. If the motor is latches while somthing is jammed in between, it will bend the lid frame. Hence this will create unneccesory loan on the motor because of the bent lid and cause the issue. This was the fault I found. Replacing the lid or identifying and straightening the lid may fix the fault.

good luck.

Cheers,
Sarwan

Report this Post
GSPell

If you get an error 6 at the beginning of a run when you push start, try replacing capacitor C11 (100µF / 35V) near the heat sink'd driver transistor on the main board. (It's a common fix on other Eppendorfs, too; I think the eletrolytic juice dries out in them over the years.)

If you get an error 6 at the end of a run when you push stop, look at the braking resistor(s). A model 5424 that I worked on had an error 6. What looked like a fused jumper bar had popped on the brake resistor. Soldered it back and it worked fine.

Report this Post
SaharaSimbaReply by
SaharaSimba

Board repair services are available for the Eppendorf centrifuges.  If you are interested visit www.saharasimba.com

Report this Post
johnpatrick1879_8923Reply by
johnpatrick1879_8923

Thank you Sarah for sharing meaningful information.

Report this Post
Green BioMed LLC

Hi,

We fix and repair Eppendorf 5810/5810R Error 6. PLease visit GREENBIOMED.COM

Our prices are very competitive and we have repaired many eppendorf equipment over the years for clients all around the US and Canada.

Thanks,

Green BioMed LLC

Report this Post
Alvin_6007

I have an Eppendorf 5810R centrifuge. Recently, an 'error-22 ' was shown on the machine and 'switch off' was shown. Is there any way to get it fixed? Thank you! Alvin

Report this Post
OldNavy

Per the service manual:

4 Test the centrifuge on its own circuit. No other devices may be connected to the circuit. 4 Check the bridge on the cable to the X6 plug and reconnect it if necessary. 4 Replace the PCB Control/Converter.

Report this Post

Page 6 of 7