Discussion Category:  Microtomes

PM on a microtome (or cryostat)

What is the usual PM on a microtome (or cryostat)? Do you do any disassembly, clean, lube, reassemble? I hate to disassemble if I don't need. I has lots of pieces. Thanks for your help,

Asked by

support
Report this Post
LabWrenchManagerReply by
LabWrenchManager
Best way is to have an experienced tech do a couple while you watch and then watch you do a couple. Failing that.... Remove, disassemble, clean with methanol, thoroughly dry everything, inspect and evaluate all wear points and lube using mfr approved lube, reinstall, allow to come down to temp and do performance check. Try not to change blade angle settings or make sure you get that back to where it was. If it's a cryostat clean the refrigeration area and check for odd cycling of the compressor, noises from the fan etc. Lastly, have the pathologist check your work and give it his blessing. Take your time and pay close attention to what you're doing. Of course wear gloves and personal protection and watch out for the knife! [i](This information was submitted to us through help@labx.com, this answer does not come from the LabWrench administrator directly)[/i]

Melanie Playne
LabWrench Product Manager

Stay Connected with LabWrench:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join the Lab Equipment Solutions Group on LinkedIn

Report this Post
kbisogno
You can reach a product or service expert to help with this type of Thermo Scientific brand product. In North America contact the following. For Sales +1 800 522 7270 For Service +1 800 253 7637
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1