Error 80,error 28

Dear Sir, Kindly guide for the remedy of above error message

Thanks

Wajid

Asked by

MAWAJID
Report this Post
Ric

28 says "start without speed signal"  Check tach cable, speed sensor.

80 reads that the "lid board is defective"

Report this Post
MAWAJID

Hello Ric,

Thanks for your guidence I checked both tachometer cable and lid board and found Ok

I also checked the IGBT MODULE and found a one IGBT is short

Now I am searching the IGBT Module in local market.It may be the cause of error

Wajid M Abdul

Report this Post
ShameUcla

Dear Sir

I have received an error 28 on an Allegra 25r. However to my knowledge there is not a speed sensor on this unit. 

Please advise, Thank You

Report this Post
Ric

There is a tach board that senses the rotation of the motor.  This is the speed sensor.

Respectfully,

Ric

Report this Post
PMSL

what does a replacement "lid board" cost?

How can I remove the existingf lid board to inspect it and put in a new one?

Report this Post
dpkleessr

No idea whatsoever as to the cost of the "lid board". You would probably have to get it and the pricing info from Beckman Coulter. In my experience the problems related to the lid board could typically be fixed by resoldering ALL of the connections and components on the board along with soldering each of the wires in the connector plugs themselves. Give that a try before you ever worry about replacing the board.

Don

Report this Post
PMSL

thanks for the reply. How do I get at the lid board? Do you have any advice as to where to start dis-assembling the unit?

Report this Post
dpkleessr

The "lid board" is right at the very front of the centrifuge behind the front panel. After you remove the front panel you can easily trace the cables from the latches to the board. As I said, I worked on many of these centrifuges and the one thing I discovered was just how many problems were caused by poor electrical connections on the board itself as well as the electrical connections on each of the connector plugs coming from the latches. Unless you have the necessary skills and tools for dealing with this problem I suggest you let someone else do it as each of the pins must carefully be removed from each connector, have the wires CAREFULLY soldered to the pins and then have them reinserted in to the connector.

Don

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1