Discussion Category:  CO2 Incubator

Heracell fault code 66

I have a Heracell incubator that gives error code 66 after a short time of heating. The manual describes the cause as "temperature sensor deviation" and error condition as "temperature signal plausibility no longer assured". The recomendation is to call service. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could it be the temperature sensor or maybe the main board?

Asked by

BMitchell
Report this Post
Lance

I have a Heracell incubator with the same code 66.  Ours did it during a ContraCon routine.  It acts normal, though, when running at 37 degrees.

Service gave me a control temperature sensor configuration to perform.  It didn't help with the problem.  I took the module out and re-soldered all the little wire connections which by the way looked terrible from the factory.  I'm thinking about replacing the chip on the temp sensor board to see if that does anything. 

Report this Post
Lance

I have since ordered some PT1000 RTDs from Newark Electronics.  When those come in, I will change them then re post.  These are the temp sensors.

Report this Post
Lance

Changed the LM75 digital temp sensor first.  No change.  Unit still gives error 66 around 55-60 degrees when doing Contra Con sterilization.  Left the new LM 75 in place, then changed the PT1000 sensor.  Still gives error 66.  I did an auto-start overnight and this morning the temp and co2 were fine:  37 degrees and 5% CO2.  So, incubation range is fine.  Have not tried to do a Contra Con sterilization, yet.

Not sure if buying a complete new module would fix the problem.

Report this Post
BMitchell

Thanks for keeping me updated on your progress. I have been following your posts, just have not had time to reply. When I last spoke with service they could not determine if this code was an issue with the TCD conductor head (unit that houses both CO2 and Temp sensor among other things) or the main board. Soon after this issue started I had another HeraCell incubator go down with a CO2 sensor problem. I replaced that TCD with a new unit. I then swapped the bad CO2 unit with the first unit. I ran the incubator got a CO2 issue but no "66" code. I have ordered but not yet received the new TCD for the first incubator. I am planning on taking the two bad TCD units and making one good one. I am not as versed as you are with the electronics but I will tinker a bit. Keep me posted on your progress.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1