Discussion Category:  CO2 Incubator

CO2 Detection Problem

Hello,

We recently purchased this CO2 incubator, model 3074. A problem that I faced yesterday is that the incubator suddenly started displaying the level of CO2 as -5% with a low CO2 alarm. Thinking that may be its time to replace the CO2 cylinder, I checked the cylinder for the amount of gas remaining in the cylinder. It was approx. 80% full. Also, it was back to normal CO2 level, i.e. 5% after 3-4 hours. Again when I opened the door of the incubator, the level went down to -5%, which again got normal after 3-4 hours. I am not able to figure out what the problem is. Is it something related to the CO2 sensor or what? Please help me out with the best possible solution.

Thank you.

Asked by

PM
Report this Post
David Tozer, CETReply by
David Tozer, CET

Good day:

Did you purchase the unit new?

Please advise manufacturere and serial number?

When you installed the incubator did you calibrate the unit? You must wait approximately 24 hrs after installation for humidity & temperature to stabalize before activating the CO2 or the CO2 levels can be all over the place, much like what you are experiencing now. You must also zero the CO2 level.

Where are you located?

Kindest Regards

David F. Tozer CET

Managing Director

M.T.R. SERVICES CORP.

Ontario, Canada

David F. Tozer, CET  
Report this Post
David Tozer, CETReply by
David Tozer, CET

PS Also check the air filter inside th incubator to ensure it is still working correctly. Replace every once per year, best every 6 months, can through off your CO2 control, calibrate incubator atleast once per year.

Regards

David F. Tozer CET

David F. Tozer, CET  
Report this Post
PM

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, we did purchase the unit new. We purchased the unit from VWR Pvt. Ltd.

Serial Number is 320804 - 1064.

Also, I did not calibrate the unit for CO2. We are located in Haryana, India.

Please suggest anything now that can be done to resolve the problem. Your suggestions would be really valuable.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1