Discussion Category:  GC Systems

battery voltage out of range

I have received an error code 50 indicating that the battery voltage is out of range. This does not appear to be covered in the manual and I am not sure how to fix this problem.  Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Adam

Asked by

mether17
Report this Post
ludovic

Many thanks Samantha i will try to do it and try to find a GC900 manual.

Best regards.

Ludovic

Report this Post
Samantha

Good luck! You can find the manual on the labwrench site.

Report this Post
rmoraleso

I have already replaced it. It worked for the start up problem of the GC, but still remains the warning of code 50 error. 

Report this Post
rmoraleso

Thank you so much, it did work as you said, it is just a bit unconfortable.

Report this Post
deepu87

deepu87

I have received an error code 50 indicating that the battery voltage is out of range. This does not appear to be covered in the manual and I am not sure how to fix this problem.  Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

deepu

Report this Post
deepu87

deepu87

Thanks,

deepu

Report this Post
rmoraleso
Hi, Adam. You must replace the battery. It is placed inside the chromatograph. It is a coin like battery
Report this Post
rmoraleso
The battery spec is CR2032 lithium battery 3V
Report this Post
MWC

Hi,  Yeah we replaced the battery - but the warning code of 50 error keeps coming up - must we reset or can someone help?  One other thing is that when we are in the GC, we get to a line that says Fault time = 0, Battery Voltage out of range - tried to change this but it did not work!

Report this Post
yanaoka

I've got the same issue reported in this thread "FAULT TIME= 0.00 BATTERY VOLTAGE ERR" https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5xQOTwAof4N2ldc8Dft8v0YYLPzT5w8/view?usp=sharing 

and also showing on startup "DEFC EEPROM READ FAILURE" https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cLCq3jbyRSbGD8VjICVMFgrSgDpzGdlG/view?usp=sharing

I changed the 3V battery on the motherboard, as advised - but nothing changed

It is a 3900 Varian I got from another lab - been unused for 1 year or so - just trying to get any info before making a test

Thanks for any advice!

Report this Post

Page 2 of 3