Discussion Category:  Lab Ovens

No heating in Mermmert Vac Oven model VO500.

We have a Memmert Oven that does not heat up. We normally set the temp to 50 deg C. Now the digital display shows "SHELF". When we set a different temp, the alarm LED lights up and display shows "ALARM".

Any advise what could be faulty?

Asked by

Francis
Report this Post
LabWrenchEditorReply by
LabWrenchEditor

Hi Francis,

The following is a response from Ryan S at Memmert...

"There may be a few issues with the unit that I can advise you to have this person check.   First if the unit is displaying “Shelf” you must check the connection of the shelf in the rear of the unit and be sure that it is connected properly.   If it is not pushed in all the way perhaps this could be the reason for the “Shelf” display.   Now when they say they change the temperature and the Alarm LED lights up.  I am assuming they mean the Warning symbol “!”.   If this is the case something may be wrong with the mechanical action temperature limiter or the monitor controller.   In order to identify which is the problem we would need to know if the “!” warning symbol is continuously lit or if the “!” symbol is flashing.    It would also be helpful to know if there are any error codes that are displayed such as E-1.1 or E-0?"

Thank you to Ryan S at Memmert for providing this response to LabWrench

Kylie Sauve
LabWrench Site Manager
kylies@labwrench.com

Stay Connected with LabWrench:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join the Lab Equipment Solutions Group on LinkedIn

Report this Post
Francis

Dear Ryan,

Thanks alot for your advice.

We will check the connection of the shelf in the rear of the unit.

Alarm LED lights up momentarily. The digital display shows "ALARM". After a while the alarm LED went off. Display shows room temp. There is no error code displayed

Fyi, this oven is bought in Apr 2004.

Report this Post
Francis

Dear Ryan,

Thanks alot for your help. We solved the problem by cleaning the contacts and pushing the shelf to the back.

Report this Post
LabWrenchEditorReply by
LabWrenchEditor

Not a problem, I am glad I could help. We recommend to clean connections of shelves every 6 months.

Thank you to Ryan S at Memmert for providing this response to LabWrench

Kylie Sauve
LabWrench Site Manager
kylies@labwrench.com

Stay Connected with LabWrench:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Join the Lab Equipment Solutions Group on LinkedIn

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1